2020-2021 Education Plan
The Board of Trustees approved the 2020-2021 Education Plan at the May 26, 2020 Board Meeting.
School authority planning is an integral component of school authority accountability and assurance. The Board of Trustees, in collaboration with the Executive Team and key stakeholders, develops a plan that sets out our educational priorities, and assurance elements within the domains of education.
The planning cycle involves the following steps:
- Developing and updating a jurisdictional Education Plan that aligns with provincial goals, outcomes and performance measures and the Division’s newly minted vision, mission and values;
- Promoting community engagement;
- Preparing budgets that allocate or re-direct resources to support student learning, to achieve goals and to improve results;
- Implementing strategies to maintain or improve student learning and achievement;
- Monitoring implementation and adjusting efforts as needed;
- Using results to identify areas for improvement and to develop strategies and targets for the next plan, e.g. evidence-based decision making; and
- Communicating with stakeholders (staff, students, parents, or guardians, school councils, the public and Alberta Education) about school authority plans and results.
Parkland School Division’s Education Plan is the document which guides the strategic plans for the Division and Schools for the following year. The Education Plan for 2020-2021 and beyond are featured primarily in a web-based format in order to facilitate community access. An archived version of the content shall be available internally, or as requested, for review in print form.